We are looking for an on-site Commercial Account Manager to join our busy team in Greenford (site based with client visits off site).
Commercial Account Manager Duties
To develop and manage commercial relationships with a portfolio of foodservice, processors, smaller independent retail groups and larger grocery retail accounts, across a range of fresh fruit or vegetable categories. Responsibility for increasing sales through the creation and delivery of sustainable sales plans and achievement of budgeted KPI’s, incorporating costings, margins, negotiation, forecasting, project management, promotions and commercial value to the P&L. Focus to enhance and promote our position and brands within the marketplace.
- Intrinsic management of accounts, identifying a customer’s daily, weekly and seasonal requirements for each commodity, value negotiation to develop a sustainable long-term account plan.
- Day to day Buyer contact for delivering sales, developing strong relationships as well as good networking skills across the account & industry
- Track delivery against budgeted sales and margin targets
- Identify, examine and instigate new business opportunities through constant review of market trends and analysis using consumer insights data.
- Full responsibility for accurate account forecasting to ensure consistent delivery against service level targets.
- As a member of the commercial team to proactively contribute to the successful development of the department strategy and that of the total business.
Skills and Experience
- Strong track record of having successfully managed foodservice and/or significant retail accounts within chilled FMCG sector.
- A strong track record of achieving and stretching commercial targets
- Numerate with ability to analyse data and market insights
- Good communication and IT skills.
- Strong negotiator with the ability to trade responsibly.
- Flexible, resilient and adaptable.
- Enthusiastic and able to work on own initiative.
- Self-discipline, self-motivated.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Exemplary planning and organisation skills.
- The ability to get on with people at all levels and influence them.
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills.
- An ability to stay calm under pressure and keep to deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
If you feel you are suitable for our Commercial Account Manager position, please apply now.