Permanent: Full time, on-site role
Location: Atherstone, Stratford Upon Avon
Salary: We offer a competitive salary, bonus and enhanced benefits commensurate to experience
Health, Safety & Environment Manager Duties
As a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager, you will play a critical role in safeguarding the well-being of employees, contractors and visitors. You will take full ownership and delivery of HSE management system across a multi-site portfolio, ensuring compliance with HSE professional standards, team performance, managing risk, and driving an environmental sustainability agenda. You will provide strategic and operational support, be visible on site and hands on, leading by example, collaborating and supporting departmental and operational managers undertake their responsibilities safely and to desired HSE standards. Educate and train the workforce, developing and encouraging the right safety behavior. Continue to build and implement a solid structure for HSE and guide the company towards safety being the front of everyone’s minds. As the successful post holder, you will ensure that the business continues to meet and exceed its statutory obligations. We are looking for an individual who can deliver advice surrounding HSE, specialist areas of Risk Management and Fire Safety, to ensure that applicable statutory, and regulatory requirements are met. Possessing a robust approach to developing and implementing safety systems and having a proven track record of improving safety performance, reducing work process risks and associated costs.
Skills and Experience
- 5 years of related experience preferred
- NEBOSH National Diploma
- Member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH
- Experience of carrying out risk assessments
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies
- Knowledge of the principles of chilled food manufacturing in high risk, low risk and low care
- Experience of integrated hygiene and environmental management systems within a food production environment
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Willing to regularly travel to other UK locations within the group and remain on call
If you believe you’d be a great fit for this Health, Safety & Environment Manager position, we’d love to hear from you! Please don’t hesitate to apply now and join our team.