This role require you to be passionate about our products, process, people, and customers with a hands-on approach. You will require a practical and balanced individual who has the strength of character to make the right decision for our customers and the business, driven by knowledge and objective evidence. You will ensure that all raw materials and finished products meet process and customer specifications, as well as that you will conduct final product assessments and ensure that all production and quality records are completed correctly and any issues are collaboratively resolved and communicated to all Packhouse teams and management.
QC Champion Duties
- To carry out accurate product assessments at the point of allocation to the production line, during manual grading, weighing, packing, sealing, and palletization.
- Work proactively to deal and resolve all issues and inquiries
- Checking to ensure correct and up-to-date data capture of online quality related records such as on daily startup check sheet, label check sheets, prophet traceability, and shelf life samples collection are accurate.
- To monitor the conditioning, grading, packing, and quality through to final delivery to ensure that Wealmoor specification is strictly adhered to
- To maintain the appropriate documentation as set out in the Quality Management Systems Manual
- Responsible for ensuring health and safety compliance of all staff in the pack house this may include first aid, fire marshal and Covid-19 marshal roles and responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Good communication & influencing skills can collaborate and work with Operational teams.
- Assertive and can follow through on issues
- Hands-on, practical, responsible, and an accountable team player.
- Ideally educated to QCF level 2 in an academic or relevant vocational standard or a minimum of one year of proven experience in a similar role.
- Fluent English – Both written & Verbal.
- Additional languages to a verbal standard maybe beneficial
- Must live within a reasonable commuting distance from the site.
If you think you are suitable for the QC Champion role, please apply now!