We are currently looking for a Section Supervisor with food manufacturing experience to join our expanding team in Hayes!
Section Supervisor Duties
- To provide overall effective supervisory management ensuring that all aspects from goods intake, production to final dispatch and logistics are carried out efficiently and accurately driving productivity, continuity of supply and timely order output without compromise to quality, efficiency, safety, legality, compliance and value.
- The role requires the effective supervision of staff, facilities and resources including the organisation of people, materials, labels, equipment, health & food safety, hygiene, operational throughput, quality and process controls.
- Liaison with other functions, sites and service providers to coordinate incoming and outgoing logistics, production, segregation, temperature control, efficiency and volumes.
- Ensure that all information required for effective electronic data capture, stock accuracy and traceability is accurately and timely inputted and communicated before end of shift.
- Cross train and develop staff, provide support and ensure that team members are instructed and supervised effectively.
- Participate in audits of the site working closely with technical health & safety, HR and overall compliance to ensure that any non-conformance is assigned, actioned and managed.
- Ensure effective housekeeping, hygiene controls and safety standards are continuously maintained.
- Day to day health & safety, fire marshal and covid secure workplace responsibilities to ensure the working environment is safe at all times for all known risks.
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience within a food manufacturing environment in a FMCG supervisory capacity essential.
- Experience of ERP systems including data input, reconciliation and reports.
- Computer literate to a good standard.
- Experience of the requirements and demands of retail customers is desirable.
- Participation and contribution in HACCP teams.
- Educated to national QCF level 4 in an academic or relevant vocational qualification.
- Level 3 Supervising Food Safety in Manufacturing
- Health & Safety for Food Handlers / for Supervisors
- Fluent English – Both written & verbal.
- Additional languages to a verbal standard may be beneficial.
- Live within a commuting distance.
If you feel you are suitable for our Section Supervisor position, please apply now.