We are looking for an on-site Technical Manager to join our busy team in Atherstone.
Technical Manager Duties
As a strong hands on people and process manager, with proven ability to motivate and develop, you will be fully responsible for delivering continuous improvement of a robust and effective food safety and total quality management which ensures all processes and products supplied comply with strict food safety requirements and agreed customer specifications in a controlled and sustainable environment. You will proactively engage with and drive cross-functional teams based on-site and other business sites, responsible for continuous delivery of a safe, quality product, which is legally compliant and constantly satisfies consumer experience and commercial.
Skills and Experience
- Educated to Diploma / Degree Level in a Food Science, Horticulture or Agricultural Based Discipline.
- Proven experience in applicable food industry roles – e.g. QA / Technical Manager.
- Ideally gained experience in a chilled fresh produce environment.
- Customer-facing experience with a UK grocery retailer essential.
- Proven gained experience in end-to-end product quality and yield management.
- Knowledge of BRC / retailer Quality Management Systems / Codes of Practice essential.
- Experience gained in a continuous improvement / lean manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Experience in managing and coaching teams.
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Fluent English – Both written & Verbal.
If you think you are suitable for the Technical Manager role, please apply now!