To coordinate intake and dispatch ensuring that all stock is correctly counted, unloaded, stored, and dispatched on time in full. The role takes responsibility for ensuring that all customers and operational functions are served in a timely and professional manner, whilst operating a fully traceable stock control system for all intake and dispatch functions utilising the ERP system.
Warehouse Team Leader Duties
- Responsible for the performance of the Intake, and Dispatch teams team to receive, assess, break down, decant and dispatch all stock and materials.
- Supervision of direct reports to include time and attendance, staff registers, holiday, discipline and return to work interviews.
- Liaise with all operational and service departments to ensure that stock is maintained at the correct levels and is available.
- Responsible for the logistical O.T.I.F out load to all of our customers.
- Ensure that total stock traceability is maintained throughout the intake and dispatch of all stock using the ERP electronic data capture system.
- Ensuring that load plans, temperature checks, and maximum pallet utilisation is undertaken and paperwork is filed and passed onto the relevant departments.
- Ensuring that communication is established and maintained throughout the logistics process and across all shifts and sites.
- Ensuring that team operate according to company standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring that all equipment is safe and operational at all times.
- Liaise with 3rd Party hauliers and coordinate daily out-loading issues.
- Responsibility for ensuring the high standards of H&S and hygiene within the area of responsibility.
Skills and Experience
- Must have previous experience of working and supervision within a faced paced logistics operation.
- Experience of working in the food industry, supplying retail multiples, and managing teams is essential.
- Highly competent in MS Office including Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of electronic data capture systems.
- Educated to QCF level 2 in an academic or vocational discipline preferred
- Fluent English – Both written & verbal.
- Additional languages to a verbal standard would be beneficial.
- Should live within commuting distance to the site
If you think you are suitable for the Warehouse Team Leader role, please apply now!